Here are some particulars to help you as you participate in the book club:
- A prompt or question will be posted here in the blog every Monday morning. That blog post will also include the reading assignment for the following week.
- To receive notifications when posts are made, click Join this site or Follow by email in the bar to the right.
- Respond to our post and/or respond to a comment by another participant each week. The more interaction there is between participants, the richer and more beneficial the conversation will be.
- In addition to the amazing connections and powerful learning of being in the book club, participants who make a meaningful contribution to every week's discussion will be awarded 14 PGPs. Additionally, we will award one professional development grant at the conclusion of the summer book club. Educators working in a public school who meaningfully participate in all seven weeks' conversations are eligible for the grant.
- To register for the book club please complete this registration form. We are jumping right in to the discussion, so your first week's assignment is to introduce yourself in a comment to this blog post and also read chapter 1 and respond to this question: what would be the benefit to you and your students if you became more literate about digital citizenship? Just click the comments link below this post and enter your comment in the text box. You will need to be logged in using a Google account. In your introduction be sure to include your name, school and/or corporation, and what your role there is. (If you have any problems commenting, please email Meri Carnahan at email@example.com.)