Here are some particulars to help you as you participate in the book club:
- A prompt or question will be posted here in the blog every Monday morning. That blog post will also include the reading assignment for the following week.
- To receive notifications when posts are made, click Join this site or Follow by email in the bar to the right.
- Respond to our post and/or respond to a comment by another participant each week. The more interaction there is between participants, the richer and more beneficial the conversation will be.
- In addition to the amazing connections and powerful learning of being in the book club, participants who make a meaningful contribution to every week's discussion will be awarded 15 PGPs. Additionally, we will award one professional development grant at the conclusion of the summer book club. Educators working in a public school who meaningfully participate in all ten weeks' conversations are eligible for the grant.
- To register for the book club please complete this registration form. Your first week's assignment is to introduce yourself in a comment to this blog post. Just click the comments link below this post and enter your comment in the text box. You will need to be logged in using a Google account. In your introduction be sure to include your name, school and/or corporation, and what your role there is. (If you have any problems commenting, please email Meri Carnahan at email@example.com.)
- Your reading assignment for next week is the introduction and chapters 1 and 2.